Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Cemetery Tour.. Albany, OR! This Wednesday, July 25th!
PRINT THIS and take it with you Wednesday, July 25th at 7pm to Riverside Cemetery in Albany, Oregon! I have some questions that will send you on hunt through the cemetery!
1) Find the name of the oldest person buried
2) Find the name of Oregon's very first Senator (yes, he's buried here in Albany!)
3) Find the name of the youngest person buried
4) Find the names of the most family members buried along side of each other dying all within a few days of each other. Then... find someone that knows the story. It's quite interesting and a hint... stay away from those home canned green beans!
5) Find Charles and Catherine Pfeiffer's grave sites and tell me the dates of their death! They built our home in 1908 and lived here until their passings. Charles was actually "laid out" in the very parlor I'm blogging in at this very moment!
I'm kind of a CEMETERY FREAK and I love visiting old ones. The photos taken here were from our trip to England about a year and a half ago. Pretty cool and very, very old!
I'll be riding my bike with Ray down to the Talking Water Gardens on Wednesday about 5pm. We are going to Calapooia Brewing for dinner and beer of course, then we are riding down to Riverside Cemetery! Hope to see all of you there! Have fun with the questions and enjoy the awesome tour the Albany Regional Museum puts on!